In 2008 the Macular Society led the formation of a Macular Interest Group of VISION 2020 UK.
VISION 2020 UK Macular Interest Group
Chair: Mr Winfried Amoaku (Vice President, Royal College of Ophthalmologists)
Secretary: Cathy Yelf (Head of External Relations, Macular Society)
Committee member organisations:
- The Royal College of Ophthalmologists
- The Royal College of Nursing
- The College of Optometry
- The Association of Optometrists
- The Association of British Dispensing Opticians
- The Association of Directors of Adult Social Services
- Visionary (formerly NALSVI)
- Guide Dogs
- Blind Veterans UK
- AMD Alliance International
- Macular Society
You can find out more by visiting the following websites: VISION 2020 UK and Vision Strategy.
UK Vision Strategy
The UK Vision Strategy is a united cross-sector initiative to improve eye health and sight loss services across the UK. Over 650 individuals and organisations have played a direct role in creating the Strategy.
Developed in response to the World Assembly's VISION 2020 resolution, the Strategy aims to reduce avoidable sight loss by the year 2020: www.vision2020uk.org.uk/ukvisionstrategy.
Click here to read the Macular Interest Group Terms of Reference.