There are plenty of exciting ways to get involved in Macular Week. Here are just a few ideas, but you’re welcome to come up with your own!
As an individual you could:
- Give it up - give up a guilty pleasure such as smoking, alcohol or even chocolate for the week (or longer) and get sponsored.
- Love your eyes - Buy a pair of our yellow heart-shaped sunglasses from our online shop and wear them to show your support.
- Sign-up for a sponsored sporting event - enjoy running? Then how about signing-up for a free fundraising place in this year's British London 10k or Leeds 10k, both of which take place just after Macular Week on Sunday, 9 July. If running's not your thing, we have lots of other sporting challenges, including walks, cycles, swims and skydives. For more details click here, then apply for a charity place through our online form.
- Hold your own fundraising event at home - hold a lunch, BBQ or supper party and ask guests to make a donation.
As a group or company you could hold a:
- Tea for MD party - everyone loves tea and cake, so why not celebrate Macular Week by holding a fundraising tea party and invite family, friends or work colleagues? You can read more about Tea for MD and register to receive a colourful tea pack by clicking here.
- Charity Quiz Night - Book out a village hall, or get together down your local and have a quiz night; why not have a couple of eye related questions in each round?
- Open Garden - Have you got a great garden? Have an open garden day in your local community; perhaps couple this up with a Tea for MD!
- Wear yellow day - Get colleagues, classmates, or group members to donate £1 to wear yellow, or 'fine' them £2 if they don't!
- Talks evening - Do you, or your friends have a special talent/hobby? Perhaps hold your own talk/presentation, or as a group invite a guest speaker and raise some much needed funds.
- Supermarket or street collection - A simple way to raise awareness and funds. Make sure you get the necessary permission well in advance.
For further details or to request a fundraising Macular Week pack, please email: Graeme.Davis@macularsociety.org or call: 01264 321 969.