Saturday 22 September 2018
Grange Tower Bridge Hotel , 45 Prescot Street, London E1 8GP
Following its success last year, the conference will once again run in a dual format. Alongside information on age-related macular degeneration (AMD), there will be a separate programme tailored specially for people of working age who are affected by macular disease. When you book your place, you’ll be asked whether you would like a main session or working age ticket.
Why should you come to the London Conference?
- To learn about the latest in treatments for macular disease from leading experts.
- To find out the latest update on stem cell therapy and the London Project to Cure Blindness.
- To go to the specific working age member sessions.
- To get your questions answered by the experts.
- To try the latest low vision products and equipment in the exhibition.
- To hear about the work the Macular Society is doing to reach more people affected by macular disease.
- To enjoy stories from our inspirational speakers who talk about their experiences of life with sight loss.
- Meet with others who have your condition and share experiences of living with macular disease.
- To meet people from the Macular Society, including our chief executive Cathy Yelf and staff from our Helpline.
What time is the London Conference?
The exhibition opens at 9.30am, with speakers from 11-1.15pm, followed by lunch and another opportunity to browse the exhibition from 1.15-2.30pm, and more speakers and the awards from 2.30-4pm.
How much are the tickets?
Tickets cost £22 each and include a sandwich lunch.
What do people say about the Conference?
“A really interesting event with a mix of knowledgeable and interesting speakers. I feel the mix of speakers has each added something different and new to my understanding of living with sight loss. Thank you for a great event.”
“My 92 year old uncle says ‘it’s been brilliant!’ He wishes he’d gone to one before. It’s given him back his life!”
“Absolutely superb day. All speakers very informative in a truly understandable way.”
How can you buy tickets?
You can either buy tickets using the link below, or by calling us on 01264 350 551.