The Newcastle Roadshow will feature leading macular experts speaking about the latest in treatments and research, and an exhibition where you can test low vision equipment from a range of suppliers.
Confirmed speakers are:
- Prof Majlinda Lako, Professor of Stem Cell Sciences, Newcastle University - Stem cell research
- Kat Da Silva Morgan, PhD Student, Newcastle University - Charles Bonnet Syndrome
- Mr James Talks, Consultant ophthalmologist, Royal Victoria Hospital, Newcastle upon Tyne - Current AMD treatments and those in the pipeline
- Mr Sridhar Manvikar, Consultant Ophthalmologist and Medical Retina Specialist, South Tees Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust, James Cook University Hospital - What is AMD and what are the current treatments for wet AMD?
- Simon Wheatcroft, Storyteller, technologist, adventurer, inclusivity consultant - Inspirational Speaker: Quitting and Failure: How facing adversity creates a mindset to achieve your goals