You could get sponsored to:
- Give it up. Give up a guilty pleasure such as alcohol, smoking, or chocolate for the week. Get the kids involved by getting them to give up sweets or texting.
- Take it up. Do something healthy every day such as having a nutritious smoothie or walking to work.
- Donate a Distance. Run, walk, cycle or swim a distance of your choice during Macular Week.
Here is just a little more inspiration:
- Bake a cake. Make some cupcakes using our edible cake toppers and sell them to friends, family or colleagues.
- Veg for Vision. Grow vegetables, such as leafy greens that are good for your eyes, to sell to family and friends.
If you want to raise funds as part of a group or organisation check out the ideas below;
- Hold a Wear Yellow Day. Get colleagues, classmates, or group members to donate £1 to wear yellow, or ‘fine’ them £2 if they don’t.
- Hold a supermarket or street collection. A simple way to raise awareness and funds. Make sure you get the necessary permission well in advance.
- Caption Capers. If you belong to a group or club, ask your leader or captain for a clear photo of them doing something funny or unusual. Get everyone to submit a caption for a £1 entry fee. The best entry gets 50% of the winnings, with the rest to the Society.
- Stand Up Bingo. The last one standing is the winner. Great for large groups.
Tell us what you'd like to do and we'll send you all the materials you need.