The Southampton Roadshow will feature leading macular experts speaking about the latest in treatments and research, and an exhibition where you can test low vision equipment from a range of suppliers.
Confirmed speakers are:
- Mr Debendra Sahu, Consultant ophthalmologist, University Hospital Southampton - Current AMD treatments and those in the pipeline
- Prof Jessica Teeling, Professor of Experimental Neuroimmunology, University of Southampton - The immune system and AMD
- Prof Rachael Pearson, Professor of Developmental Neuroscience, University College London - Gene and stem cell therapies for retinal disease
- Dr Moritz Lindner, Research Fellow, University of Oxford - Let there be light – Novel gene therapy to restore vision in the blind?
- Mr Paul Nicol - Inspirational Speaker: Positively Blind