Try a Virtual Challenge!
Have you ever wanted to do something amazing, like cycling to Paris or climbing Britain’s highest peaks, but simply don’t have the time?
Why not take on one of our fundraising Virtual Challenges and help us Beat Macular Disease from the comfort of your local gym.
It’s great fun and the money you raise will fund vital research to find a cure, or new treatments that will stop macular disease in its tracks. You'll also receive one of our exclusive 'Virtual Challenger' medals if you raise over £100 in sponsorship (or an average of £100 per person for team entries).
You can select one or more activities to take on individually, attempt the whole lot or even share all five among your family, friends or work colleagues in whichever way you choose.
Simply choose from the following exciting options:
- Run the London Marathon on a treadmill – 26.2 miles
- Cycle London to Paris on an exercise bike – 271 miles
- Climb the National Three Peaks using your step machine or take to the stairs or your local climbing centre – 3,000m or 26 miles
- Row or Swim across the English Channel using a rowing machine or swim lengths in your local pool – 21 miles
- Walk from Land’s End to John O’Groats on a treadmill – 874 miles
We’ve suggested that you clock up the miles in the gym, swimming pool or other indoor venue, but you can also take to the great outdoors to complete your chosen challenge. What's more, it's completely flexible, with no set time limit.
Sign up now or call 01264 321 964 to receive your Virtual Challenges pack – which includes your fundraising guide and record book to log your progress – then create a Just Giving page for your chosen challenge. Once you’ve raised over £50, we’ll send you your free vest or t-shirt to help you on your way!
For more information, or if you’d like to create your own Virtual Challenge, please email firstname.lastname@example.org