Walks and treks

Trekfest, The Peaks 25k and 50k, 1 September 2018

Dawn Ford & Sarah Kenny
“It was a lot harder than we had anticipated, but we both had a great time. It was an absolute pleasure to raise money for the Macular Society and to know the money we raised will help towards all the good work you do.” - Sara Kenny (right)

  • Start: Hope Valley, Peak District
  • Fundraising target: £180 for 25k route (plus a non-refundable registration fee) or £330 for 50k route (plus a non-refundable registration fee). The registration fee depends on your chosen distance and how early you book, with early bird discounts available until March 2018. There is also the option to self-fund your trek and fundraise for us.
  • www.trekfest.org.uk
  • Bag a place in one of these spectacular walks, which include chip timing, full route-marking, checkpoints, hot food and complimentary camping and parking, so all you have to do is enjoy the stunning scenery!
  • The 25km route encompasses part of the charming Ladybower reservoir, while the 50kmn summits Kinder Scout – a moorland plateau that at 636m is the highest point in the Peak District.

Register for a Society place

I've got my own place


London Marathon Walk, 26.2 miles and Half Marathon Walk, 13.1 miles, 22 September 2018

  • Start: TBC
  • Fundraising target: £50 (half) and £80 (Marathon). Please note: you will also be required to pay a £25 (half) or £29 (marathon) non-refundable registration fee to our partner operator to secure your place.
  • www.discoveradventure.com/challenges/discover-adventure-marathon-walk
  • Join us for this themed walk around London, taking in some of the capital’s iconic sights and less-visited corners. The route passes locations used in 26 films, from classics including Chariots of Fire and The Italian Job to Bond and Harry Potter films, Bridget Jones’s Diary, Love Actually, the Da Vinci Code … and a huge variety of other hits of the silver screen. Some spots will be instantly-recognisable, while others promise to be more obscure!

Register for a Society place

I've got my own place


Walk the Test Way – Five distances, 14 October 2018

Enjoy a challenging walk or just a gentle stroll? Then why not sign up for this year’s Walk the Test Way and enjoy some of Hampshire’s stunning scenery, while raising much needed funds to support people with macular conditions.

These fully marshalled walks are organised by the Rotary Club of Romsey Test and offer a choice of five distances: five, eight, 11, 16 and 25.5 miles. Participants check in at Romsey’s Crosfield Hall, are coached to their starting point and then walk back to the finish in Romsey’s Memorial Park.

Hurry! A reduced early bird registration fee of £9 for adults, and free entry for those 15 years and under, is available until 30 June. From 1 July, registration will be £12 for adults and £6 for 15 years and under.

To register and nominate the Macular Society as your chosen charity, please click here

If you use Just Giving, 80% of your sponsorship will be donated to the Macular Society and the remaining 20% to the Rotary Club’s nominated charities. The ratios are 75% and 25% respectively, if using the Rotary Club’s paper sponsorship forms.