Your donation will help us beat macular disease by supporting those with the condition today and funding research to find a cure.
Macular disease is the largest cause of sight loss in the developed world. There are currently over 600,000 people with age-related macular degeneration in the UK, with around 200 people diagnosed with the condition every day. The number of people affected by macular disease is expected to reach almost 700,000 by 2020.
We are extremely grateful for every donation we receive on behalf of the macular community, particularly because we receive no government or pharmaceutical industry funding.
Please help today by becoming a regular donor or by making a one-off donation.
How your gift can help
- £10 will give someone the support and advice they need from our helpline staff
- £15 will pay for a bottle of liquid, in which cells can grow for clinical testing
- £25 will help launch a support group to provide advice and companionship to those affected by sight loss
- £40 will pay for sterile microscope slides, which are basic but essential for any research laboratory
- £50 provides an hour of counselling, giving a lifeline to someone struggling to come to terms with losing their sight
- £300 will pay for an antibody for use in clinical research, investigating the immune system
- £500 provides volunteer training to help people with sight loss maintain their independence
- £1,000 will cover the costs of storing, maintaining and transporting donor eye tissue for one year for research purposes