Digital Fundraising Officer
Salary: £25,000 to £30,000 pa. 1 Year Contract, 37.5 hours per week.
Reporting to: Fundraising Manager, Individual Giving.
Location: Based in Andover.
The Macular Society is the UK charity for people visually impaired by Macular Degeneration and is growing rapidly. We want to reach more people with macular disease and need to grow our digital presence in order to achieve this. We are seeking an experienced Digital Fundraising Officer, to work collaboratively between the Communications and Fundraising teams, who will use their creativity and skill to develop digital campaigns and content to increase fundraising activity online and act as the internal expert in digital marketing for supporter acquisition and stewardship. The successful candidate will have an understanding of, and interest in, a wide range of fundraising disciplines, as well as knowledge of current and emerging trends and technologies.
You will be a digital professional who can use their creativity and skill to create a suite of digital campaigns and content that will drive up engagement with fundraising online and grow the supporter base. Reporting to the Fundraising Manager-Individual Giving, you will act as a key link between the Communications team and the Fundraising team and you will work to improve internal stakeholder buy in to digital. An understanding of, and interest in, a wide range of fundraising disciplines is essential for someone to make a success of this role. You will need to have knowledge of current trends and experience in digital fundraising tactics and an enthusiasm for emerging and new digital technologies in order to advise the Fundraising and Communications teams on which digital marketing approaches will deliver the maximum supporter acquisition, engagement and income.
- Act as the Society’s digital expert and champion, keeping up to date with emerging digital technologies, particularly for digital fundraising.
- Work to drive digital supporter acquisition, advising and supporting the Fundraising and Communications teams on planning, creation, execution and monitoring of digital marketing approaches which will deliver acquisition and income.
- Develop good relationships with external specialist agencies and ensure work is delivered to standard.
- Monitor digital responses (e.g. in-boxes) and provide campaign specific analysis, feeding back and making recommendations for future campaigns.
- Complete digital fundraising projects and campaigns providing copy and imagery using storytelling skills to provide copy for digital platforms.
- Manage mailings of e-appeals and other digital fundraising communications.
- Develop content and imagery to mirror offline appeals digitally.
- Develop, maintain and promote fundraising content on web, email and social media channels including pay per click, display advertising, SMS broadcasts, Facebook ads, search marketing and e-newsletters.
- Design and implement stewardship programmes for digital contacts.
- Develop and test fundraising content across different digital channels.
- Share knowledge and train colleagues in digital fundraising.
- Review and improve online donations forms provided by external provider.
- Develop and integrate payment gateways for donations and e-commerce.
- At least two years’ experience of digital fundraising, with a proven track record, and understanding of digital marketing to support brand-building and income generation.
- Qualifications and training in relevant software and digital marketing functions.
- Knowledge of CRM databases and data selection and segmentation techniques.
- Highly IT literate and willing to undertake training as necessary.
- A commitment to personal development and skills, and an enthusiasm for new developments in digital communications.
- Excellent attention to detail.
- Good interpersonal skills.
- Excellent numerical skills and the ability to analyse and monitor campaign results.
- A highly innovative and creative thinker.
- Both self-motivated and a team player.
- Working within a charity or not-for-profit environment, particularly with experience of working closely with and supporting fundraising colleagues.
- Experience working with content management systems, with some experience of developing/managing a website.
- Experience working with payment gateways.
- Experience of using analytical tools to evaluate performance.
- Good web copywriting and visual media skills.
- Essential: Educated to degree level or equivalent.
- Desirable: Communications or marketing qualifications.
To apply: email your CV and a covering letter to email@example.com
More information: Felicity Honnor, Fundraising Manager, Individual Giving, 01264 321985, Felicity.H@Macularsociety.org
Closing date: 5pm Wednesday 28 June 2017
Interviews: Monday 17 July & Wednesday 19 July 2017