The Macular Society is the UK charity for people affected by macular disease, the largest cause of sight loss in the developed world. We are seeking an experienced editor for our quarterly members’ magazine, annual review and monthly online scientific content.
The successful candidate will be experienced in managing magazine content including scientific or technical subject matter. The editor will commission, write and edit content and manage suppliers to produce and distribute publications in print and audio formats. The editor will keep up-to-date with research and treatment developments and provide content for digital channels.
Salary: £35,000. 37.5 hours per week. 12 month fixed term contract from mid-September 2018.
Reporting to: Head of marketing and communications
Location: Based in Andover, opportunity for home working, occasional UK travel.
Role purpose: To produce the Society’s quarterly members’ magazine, annual scientific roundup and annual review and monthly online scientific content.
- Plan, commission, write and edit content
- Manage suppliers to produce and distribute publications in print and audio formats
- Keep up-to-date with research and treatment developments
- Strong editorial and production experience
- Scientific or technical subject matter experience
- Charity sector experience
- Eye health sector knowledge
For further information: Graham Newman, head of marketing and communications, 01264 321 976, email@example.com
Closing date: 30 June 2018
Interviews: 11-12 July 2018