Director of Services & Influencing
Salary: £65,000 + benefits
Location: Andover or Home Based
Macular disease is the biggest cause of sight loss in the UK, with around 300 people diagnosed every day. The Macular Society is the only charity determined to beat the fear and isolation of macular disease with world class research and, and the best advice and support.
To support people affected by macular disease now, the Macular Society provides a range of support, information and services. Their research programme is focused on finding new treatments and a cure to beat macular disease forever.
The Director of Services & Influencing is a pivotal role that will lead the strategic development of the charity’s services as well as play a critical role in influencing change in the health, care and sight loss sectors. Together these areas are key in making sure people with macular disease receive the care and support they need.
The Director of Services & Influencing is a member of the Senior Management Team and is responsible for contributing to the overall strategic work of the Society. This is a unique role for an entrepreneurial and innovative senior leader who will have the opportunity to take the organisation on the next stage of its journey at this exciting yet challenging time for the sector.
- Experienced strategic leader in a health or social care setting in the not-for-profit, private or public sectors.
- Experience of developing and converting a strategic vision into an operational plan with clearly defined impact measures.
- Demonstrable senior management experience in an appropriate setting, ideally with experience of managing a service delivery operation.
- Track record of developing new and innovative services.
- Entrepreneurial approach to service development and business planning.
- A track record of developing and leading a high performing team.
- Strong influencing skills and the ability to manage relationships with funders, partners and sector peers.
- Confident in public speaking and able to represent the Society at the highest levels.
For further information and details on how to apply, please visit www.berwickpartners.co.uk/81381
For an informal and confidential discussion, please speak with our advisor at Berwick Partners Sandra Hamovic on 07979 017 447 or Sandra.Hamovic@berwickpartners.co.uk
Closing date for applications: Wednesday 30 December 2020.
In addition to paid positions advertised here, we welcome help from volunteers at our head office and around the country. If you're looking to broaden your CV, it's a great way to get experience – and if you're at a later stage in life, we value any time and wisdom you have to offer.