Step Around the World (...from home)
Step out to Beat Macular Disease with a step challenge to suit you in your own time and at your own pace.
Your ‘Step Around the World (…from home)’ challenge is really simple to do. And for every step you’re sponsored for, together we’re moving a step closer to Beating Macular Disease.
“Travel” wherever and whenever you choose to complete your step challenge. You could “travel” somewhere you’ve always wanted to visit (1 mile = 2,112 steps), or try:
- Stonehenge walk – 2.6 miles (about 5,490 steps)
- Trevi Fountain to the Colosseum in Rome – 1 mile (about 2,112 steps)
- Fifth Avenue, NYC – 6.2 miles (about 13,094 steps)
Want to go a bit further, or complete a longer distance as a team? You could try:
- Land’s End to John O’Groats – 874 miles (about 1.84 million steps)
- London to Paris – 292 miles (about 616,704 steps)
- Route 66 – 2,400 miles (about 5 million steps)
- Ultimate ‘Step Around the World’ (52 million steps!)
We’ve even got a Macular Society ‘Passport’ and stickers for you to log your step challenges! Step in your local community, up and down the stairs in your house - or step around your garden if you have one. Whether you walk, run, cycle or dance to your “destination”, your sponsored steps are Beating Macular Disease. Thank you!
You can take part in six easy ‘steps’:
- Send off for your ‘passport’, stickers and challenge pack by completing our registration form or emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
- Decide on your target destination(s)
- Set up a sponsorship page on Justgiving - remember to share your page with friends and family
- Fill in your Macular Society ‘passport’ using the stickers provided
- £100 sponsorship will earn you a challenger’s t-shirt; £250 sponsorship will earn you a challenger’s medal!
- Send in your sponsorship money to help Beat Macular Disease and please let us know how you get on. Don’t forget to take photos or short video clips – we’d love to see them!
Lisa Fisher completed her own Step Around the World (…from home) challenge by notching up 100km through her regular runs around Torbay.
“My Mum has macular degeneration so I have grown up knowing about it. I know the difficulties she has, and I just wanted to raise awareness of this condition. I hope my fundraising can go towards all the wonderful work you do.”
Want to find out more?
Contact the community fundraising team on 01264 321 964 or email@example.com