Create an online fundraising page
We recommend creating an online page to help you with your fundraising to help Beat Macular Disease. It’s a very easy way for family and friends to donate, wherever they live in the world.
Creating a Just Giving page:
- Visit www.justgiving.com
- Enter your email address to create a Just Giving account or log into your existing account, if you have one. You can also log in via Facebook.
- Click ‘Start Fundraising’.
- This will take you to a page headed: ‘What are you raising money for’ with two options: ‘A charity’ and ‘My own cause’. Below the charity option, click on the orange ‘Start fundraising’ button.
- In the ‘Search for the cause you want to support’ box, enter ‘Macular Society’ and click on the blue ‘Search’ button.
- Our logo and charity details should appear at the top of the list. Click on the blue ‘Select’ button to the right of our details. a) If you’re taking part in an ‘Organised event’, click on this blue button (the left hand one of the four options shown), then scroll down the list of events and click on the ‘Select’ button against the right one. If the event isn’t listed, enter it under ‘Can’t see your event? Search all events’ and click ‘Search’, or click on the ‘Add your own’ button and enter the event details.
- Then choose your fundraising page web address – this is the link you’ll be sharing with friends and family when asking them to donate.
- To the question ‘Is your charity contributing to the cost of your fundraising?’ please click ‘No’ for runs, swims, one-day cycle rides and walks, etc. These events are not considered of ‘sufficient benefit’ to participants to exclude gift aid being claimed on sponsorship from close family. If you are in any doubt, please email: email@example.com
- Click ‘Create your page’.
b) If you’re doing something other than participating in an organised event, select the relevant blue button from the following: ‘Personal occasion’, ‘In memory’ or ‘Personal challenge’.
Congratulations – your fundraising page is now ready to accept
All sponsorship received on your page will be forwarded on to us directly by Just Giving. This avoids you having to chase people for money!