Julie’s courgette and lemon cake
Healthy and yummy – what more could you ask for?
- 480g granulated sugar
- 240g sunflower oil
- 720g cups self-raising flour
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon bicarbonate of soda
- 1 teaspoon ground cloves
- 3 eggs, beaten
- 2 teaspoons vanilla essence
- 240g pecans or walnuts, roughly chopped
- 960g courgette, grated
- 125g butter or vegetable spread
- 250g icing sugar
- Grated zest and juice of 1 lemon (or bottled lemon juice will do)
Have you got your own baking recipe you'd like to share?
Please share your recipes with us by emailing email@example.com and don't forget to include some lovely photos!
See our other delicious recipes
Whether you have a signature bake or you’re at a loss with what to make, here are some recipes to inspire you for your Catch-up with Cake!
Tell us about your Catch-up with Cake!
Beat Macular Disease one bake at a time. Fill in our registration form to let us know about your Catch-up with Cake!
Get the latest news and advice from the Macular Society
To hear about life-changing research, treatments and tips for living with sight loss, subscribe to our monthly enewsletter today. Together we can Beat Macular Disease.Sign up to our free email newsletter