Saturday 21 September 2019
Leonardo Royal Hotel London Tower Bridge, 45 Prescot Street, London, E1 8GP (same venue as 2018)
With sessions specifically for those with age-related macular degeneration (AMD) and another for those with inherited retinal diseases and of working age, this one-day conference has something for everyone.
- Find out the latest on treatments and research from leading experts
- Hear practical advice for living with the condition
- Try out low vision equipment, technology and services at our exhibition
- Meet with others who have your condition and share experiences of living with macular disease
- Staff and volunteers are on hand throughout the day to answer any questions you have
- New for 2019: friends and family visual awareness workshop.
Tickets are no longer on sale.
Our Members’ Annual General Meeting follows the conference at 4.00pm.
New for 2019
This year we’re also running a visual awareness workshop for family and friends. This interactive session, at 2.30pm, is designed to give people a better understanding of what it’s like to have macular disease and share some hints and tips for being a carer. No need to book.
“Informative, exhilarating, reassuring and very enjoyable.”
“I thought the day was very good. Good speakers, interesting, looking at problems people with AMD have that general public don't understand, for example, about not recognising people you meet.”