Macular Society Northern Ireland
You can access a variety of Macular Society support and services across England, Northern Ireland, Scotland, and Wales.
We are proud to have 19 staff based around the UK to give you localised support; including regional managers, peer support coordinators and a groups admin team based at our head office in Andover.
The regional teams play a very varied role, which includes:
- Overseeing over 355 face-to-face and online peer support groups to help you better understand your condition and grow your confidence. These groups are also a great opportunity to make friends and connect with people who understand living with sight loss. To find out more, go to About our support groups - Macular Society or to search for your local group visit Local support groups - Macular Society.
- Providing helpful information and advice about living with macular disease.
- Managing, recruiting and supporting a large team of volunteers.
- Networking and influencing local, regional and national bodies and attending local and regional sight loss events.
- Working closely with sight loss organisations within their region.
Contact details for our regional services' team in England can be found below.
Regional patient information events
The teams also develop and run regional patient information events. These run in partnership with local eye clinics and bring together patients and local clinic professionals.
You can access these events either face to face, online using Zoom, or via teleconference. They can be a good opportunity to ask questions to clinicians, ECLOs, nurses or ROVIs.
These events may cover topics such as:
- What can I do to prepare for my injection?
- Should I be taking supplements to slow my age-related macular degeneration?
- Will stem cell therapy repair my vision?
- How will clinics keep me safe during a pandemic?
- What local support is available to help me adapt to my sight loss?
The regional services team are working hard to create our programme of UK wide patient information events for 2023. To find out what is happening in your area, please contact our Groups Admin team on 01264 560 259.
Monday 19 June 2023
Patient Information Event - Salisbury 5pm to 8pm
Wilton Community Centre, SP2 0DG, With a variety of speakers, for more information or to book your place call 01722 336 262 Ext 5386
Contact details for our team in England
Head of regions
Tel: 07884 742 517
Stella Black – Senior Regional Manager for the South
Tel: 07494 467 980
Sue Drew - Regional Manager for Central East
Tel: 07517 543 948
Tash Knopf – Regional Manager for all London Boroughs
Tel: 07824 330 951
Tyler Phillips - Regional Manager for South Central
Tel: 07920 643 710
Jo Fishwick - Regional Manager South West
Tel: 07947 373 244
Katie Lloyd - Peer Support Coordinator South
Amanda Read – Senior Regional Manager for the North
Tel: 07432 700 478
Paul Holden - Regional Manager for Central Midlands
Tel: 07769 494 087
Carl Harrison - Regional Manager for the North West
Tel: 07920 054 509
Vicky Thompson – Regional Manager for Yorkshire & North East Lincolnshire
Tel: 07376 398 916
Lucinda Hardy - Peer Support Coordinator for the North/Regional Manager for the North East
Tel: 07517 544 027
Groups Admin team - Based in our Head Office in Andover, Hampshire
Angela Jackson – Office & Regional Administration Manager
Tel: 01264 321 986
Charlotte Fogerty - Regional Administration Supervisor
Melinda Boardman – Regional Administrator
Olivia Gray - Regional Administrator
Tel: 01264 560 259
To contact the team in Northern Ireland, Scotland, and Wales, please see the relevant pages.
Support for you
We provide free information and support to those with macular disease, along with their family and friends, to help people keep their independence.
Find your local support group
Our local support groups are for people of working age and older, and provide information, support and friendship to people with macular disease and sight loss.