Our supporter promise
Thank you for supporting the Macular Society, and being part of our mission to Beat Macular Disease.
Research – including projects that you’ve helped to fund – is getting closer to a cure every year. With your continued support, we will end macular disease, and the isolation, loneliness and frustration that so often come with it.
This is a big task and we know that we can’t do it without you, so we make you these promises.
Amazing stories about how your support is Beating Macular Disease
Your support is pushing forward groundbreaking research and giving people back the lives they love today. We’ll contact you regularly to let you know how your support is making a difference, unless you don’t want us to.
- We value every gift of time or money, large or small.
- We will spend donations so they have the most impact for people with macular disease, and be open about how we spend your money.
- We will process your donation quickly, and claim Gift Aid where we can so your money goes even further.
Respect for your privacy
- We’ll never sell your data or share it outside the Macular Society, unless we have to by law.
- If you don’t want to support us any more, or don’t want to hear from us, we will respect your decision and won’t pressure you to change your mind.
An approach that’s right for you
- We’ll make it easy for you to choose how you hear from us. If you ask us not to contact you again we won’t, unless it’s a legal requirement.
- Our staff, suppliers and volunteers will adhere to the Institute of Fundraising’s policy on vulnerable people.
A friendly and open response when you get in touch
- When you contact us, we’ll respond quickly, politely and professionally.
- We take all complaints seriously. If we get things wrong, we’ll be upfront about our mistakes, apologise and fix them.
Would you like to chat to us?
Please call the Supporter Care team on 01264 350 551 or email email@example.com
Get the latest news and advice from the Macular Society
To hear about life-changing research, treatments and tips for living with sight loss, subscribe to our monthly enewsletter today. Together we can Beat Macular Disease.Sign up to our free email newsletter