Social media acceptable use policy
We engage with people through many digital channels.
We welcome comments on our social media pages and understand that people have differing views on many issues, however, we will not condone swearing, discrimination or abusive posts.
Our social media pages are monitored between 9am and 9pm, Monday to Sunday.
When engaging with us via social media, you are agreeing to the following:
Commenting on a Macular Society social media site
All comments made by the public are reviewed and although they will not be edited, they may be deleted, reported or blocked if they violate the policy described here:
- Comments should be related to the posted topic for the Macular Society’s social media page or post.
- We reserve the right to remove, ban or block any content in relation to social media posts or messages which:
- Are abusive
- Are harassing
- Are threatening
- Use sexist, racist or other unacceptable language/swear words which are intended to cause concern/harm
- Are defamatory, libellous, misleading or false
- Are spam
- Contain inappropriate material (photographs or video)
- Incite someone/people to break the law
- Promote illegal activity
You are welcome to submit or post content, including photographs and videos where the content meets the standards specified in this policy. You may only post your own, original content.
Questions or concerns
If you do notice any offensive comments on our social media channels at any time, please send us a private message on Facebook or on Twitter and let us know.
This policy is subject to amendment or modification at any time.
We reserve the right to remove or block any contributions or contributors who break these rules and guidelines.