As supporters, we know you put an amazing amount of time and effort into organising and participating in events to help raise funds for us.
If you want to support the Macular Society and would like some ideas for events and tips for how to make them a success, we can help.
As well as a whole host of sporting events, which people take part in to raise money for the Society, other popular ideas include:
- Tea for MD - a good excuse to get together with friends, family or colleagues for a cuppa and cake while raising money to support those with macular disease and helping to find a cure
- Dress down day - we receive fantastic support from families and friends of many of our members. Sponsored dress down days are a simple way to raise funds and awareness
- Quiz night - ask your local pub about hosting a quiz to raise money for the Society
- Themed party - whatever takes your fancy from a black tie event to a cookery competition
- Office sweepstake - Whether it is a TV talent competition, or a popular sporting event, why not organise an office sweepstake
To help you get the most from your event we can offer:
- Macular Society branded t-shirts
- Promotional materials and leaflets
- Coverage on our social media channels including Facebook and Twitter to help promote your event
- A fundraising guide, as well as advice and ideas
- Moral support every step of the way!
Before planning your event, please read our Fundraiser Guidelines.