Join people around the country stepping up to Beat Macular Disease from their own homes and surroundings!
Your Step Challenge can be really simple to do, and for every step that you are sponsored for, we’re moving a step closer to Beating Macular Disease. Here’s how in three easy steps:
- Decide on the number of steps that you’d like to achieve.
- Register your challenge with us.
- Create a page on Just Giving – nominating the Macular Society as your chosen charity – and set a sponsorship target.
If you’re exercising outside, please take care and be safe.
If you’re exercising at home, you could count your steps climbing the stairs, walking around the garden, or even mowing the lawn. If you have a running machine, you can even step up on that! It’s up to you how you count your steps – you can use a smartwatch or a smartphone, but you don’t have to!
We’ll email you our fundraising guide and record book to log your progress, and if you raise over £100 we’ll send you your very own Challenger medal.
Good luck! We would love to hear how you are getting on. Please do share your progress and a link to your fundraising page on social media. You might just encourage others to get involved!
PS: If you want to virtually explore some more exotic places as your challenge, here are some ideas:
- Climb the steps of the Leaning Tower of Pisa = 297 steps
- Walk from St Paul’s Cathedral to Trafalgar Square = 2,000 steps
- Cross the Severn Bridge = 2,100 steps
- Climb Ben Nevis = 8,810 steps
- Run or walk the London Marathon = 55,374 steps
For more information, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 01264 560 249.